why russian?

So, why i wanna learn russian? dunno. always wanted to. fascinated me, always. not just as the big neighbour next door, but as something far more. I think it is true we are what we think, that is to say, each language has a different approach, perception and therefore understanding of the world. Not that i think we would find the one solution, or the one language to unite us all, or to explain it all. Languages represent different cultures, and different angles at approaching the world. Yet while that makes me wanna learn all the languages i possible can in my lifetime, some fascinates more than others. For me, these languages are Finnish, Portugese, Italian, Latin, Russian and Japanese/Chinese.
And i would really like/enjoy learning to get by, and gradually more, in Russian. Only, i suck, and always did, at grammar. For me, it is all about learning by doing. And, at the moment that does not seem very likely…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog