So my friend Trissan wrote a column about blogging, admiring political blogs, and making fun of, or being perplexed about the blogs of "ordinary, boring people". She claimed to see their point, but it remained clear to me she missed it entirely. Sure blogs from politicians can be fun, as from people in extraordinary circumstances. But they are extensions of the current media system. It not like they are the forgotten people, we hear almost too much of them anyway, the celebs and the politicians. Now they try to tell us they have a "human" face, which of course they have. But that doesn't alter their political behaviour. I do not feel sorry for them, blogs from that direction makes me suspicious.
I think blogging is a medium many now tries to use for different purposes, media, politicians, celebreties, as well as the rest of us. I agree with Trissan about the interesting perspectives sometimes offered in personal blogs from people with a knack for writing. And i guess many do not fully realise the public aspect of diary-blogging. But there is so much more to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog