Tough trust

To learn how to trust another person is really tough. It is so easy to reserve your judgement, selfpreservation tells us to save a tiny little bit of ourselves, just in case. With trust i here mean you go asll the way. Equívalent of trusting somebody with your life. This might be a bad analogy, however, as you might well be able to trust a lot of people in extreme situations, but you would not tell these same people your innemost secrets.
There is a kind of release and perverse joy in baring yourself like that, and yet, to me that is what the concept trust implies. I tell myself and others that in the final analysis we can never trust anyone. Is this really true though? In bleak moments of despair i feel convinced it is. More often i tend to doubt, and that is the state i find myself in most of the time. I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Because, if there really is such a thing as trust in the above mentioned sense of the word, it would be like finding faith. Actually i think the two concepts are not that far apart. It seems that to me trust and faith are related in several ways. But that is another topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog